Core Subscales (ARTIC-35 and ARTIC-45) (There are no subscales in the ARTIC-10)
- Underlying Causes of Problem Behavior and Symptoms. Emphasizes behavior and symptoms as adaptations and malleable versus behavior and symptoms as intentional and fixed.
- Responses to Problem Behavior and Symptoms. Emphasizes relationships, flexibility, kindness, and safety as the agent of change versus rules, consequences, and accountability as the agent of behavior and symptom changes.
- On-The-Job Behavior. Endorses empathy-focused staff behavior versus control-focused staff behavior.
- Self-Efficacy at Work. Endorses feeling able to meet the demands of working with a traumatized population versus feeling unable to meet the demands.
- Reactions to the Work. Endorses appreciating the effects of secondary trauma/vicarious traumatization and coping by seeking support versus minimizing the effects of secondary trauma/vicarious traumatization and coping by ignoring or hiding the impact.
Supplementary Subscales (ARTIC-45 only)
6. Personal Support of Trauma-Informed Care. Endorses being supportive of, and confident about, implementation of TIC versus concerns about implementing TIC.
7. System-Wide Support of Trauma-Informed Care. Endorses feeling system-wide support for TIC versus NOT feeling supported by colleagues, supervisors, and the administration to implement TIC.
The Traumatic Stress Institute (TSI) helps organizations in the US and internationally transform their services and culture to one that is trauma-sensitive and trauma-informed. The TSI model melds Risking Connection Trauma Training and Restorative Approach training (if applicable) with system consultation to promote and sustain change. Click here for more information or contact Dr. Steve Brown at email@example.com.