30-Day RC Mindfulness Challenge
Start the new year with mindful intention, including options for community practice on Wednesdays from 12:00-12:30 pm EST starting on January 5, 2022.
The challenge is an opportunity to:
- Prioritize your health and well-being
- Practice mindfulness in the safety of the RC community
- Learn and practice trauma-sensitive mindfulness techniques
- Have fun developing practices that will help sustain you throughout 2022
ALL STAFF AT ALL RC AGENCIES are welcome to participate in this FREE program. A recording of the sessions will be sent via email to registrants unable to attend Wednesday sessions–but you must be registered to receive the recording.
Participants will be invited to practice mindfulness during the 30+ days of the challenge, keeping track of time spent practicing on a printable calendar. You can choose as much or as little engagement as you want — whatever feels comfortable to you. Challenge participants are encouraged to practice individually or with a mindfulness buddy or group in your home agency on other days of the week throughout the challenge. A brief questionnaire will be used to collect information about participant experience at the start and end of the challenge.
This program will run from January 5-February 9, 2022 (a bit longer than 30 days😉). Get PowerPoint Slides as they are available by registering or by clicking the hyperlink(s) below.
- Wednesday, January 5 – Orientation Session – learn more about the challenge, set an intention, and engage in community connection and practice
- Wednesday, January 12 – Challenge Kick-Off – Compassion meditation, community connection and resources
- Wednesday, January 19 – Start of Week 2 – Focused attention meditation, community connection and resources (no PowerPoint Slides)
- Wednesday, January 26 – Start of Week 3 – Walking meditation, community connection and resources (no PowerPoint Slides)
- Wednesday, February 2 – Start of Week 4 – Body scan meditation, community connection and resources
- Wednesday, February 9 – Challenge Celebration – Gratitude meditation, community connection and resources
Questions? Check out the FAQ’s to the right for more details.
Sessions will be facilitated by John Engel, Program Coordinator at the Traumatic Stress Institute of Klingberg Family Centers. John is a Certified Workplace Mindfulness Facilitator (CWMF), is certified in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), has participated in virtual and in-person Mindfulness in the Workplace Summits by Mindful Leader, and has attended a variety of other mindfulness workshops and trainings since 2003.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend the 30-Day RC Mindfulness Challenge Sessions?
Everyone! All RC Trainers, Champions AND staff from RC agencies throughout North America are welcome to participate.
How much will it cost?
Do I have to come to all of the sessions?
Sessions are drop-in, meaning you can come to one, some, or all. Each session is a stand-alone opportunity.
Also, we’ll send a recording of each session to everyone who is registered, so if you can’t make it on Wednesdays at 12, you can still participate.
How do I get access to the sessions?
You will register only once. The link you receive at registration can be used for any session, so you can copy and paste it into your weekly calendar. TSI will send an email reminder for each Wednesday session. We’ll also send a recording of each session to all registrants.
Sounds great--how can I share this with others at my agency?
You can download the flyer or right click here to share the link for this page.
Does the 30-Day RC Mindfulness Challenge count toward RC Trainer attendance requirements?
Due to its brevity, it does not. RC Trainer attendance is required at 2 events per year. Eligible events include: RC Webinars, Day of Learning and Sharing, Recertification, and RC Train-the-Trainer. RC Mindfulness is intended as an added benefit for your personal and professional wellness.
Is this any different than other mindfulness resources?
There are many great mindfulness resources available to the public, but the focus of this series will be on RC concepts as they apply to both your work and personal life.