The Traumatic Stress Institute is Growing
Current Position Postings
Trauma-Informed Care Trainer and Consultant
Under the direction of the Associate Director of TSI, this position entails providing virtual and in-person training, consultation, and coaching related to trauma-informed care (TIC). The largest portion of responsibilities involves managing a portfolio of client agencies in a variety of sectors implementing TSI’s Whole-System Change Model to Trauma-Informed Care, which includes Risking Connection training.
The position may be remote, in-person, or hybrid.
Operations Support Specialist
Part-time (20 hours/week)
The Traumatic Stress Institute (TSI) of Klingberg Family Centers is seeking a part- time Operations Support Specialist to support multiple operations within TSI. In particular, the Operations Support Specialist will execute a wide variety of administrative and financial tasks, including:
- Manage administrative tasks for active client agencies, including materials coordination, invoicing and invoice tracking, and management of certified trainers
- Oversee management of the certified trainer community, including inputting and updating trainer data and tracking trainer certification and attendance
- Management of Continuing Education request submissions and creating/issuing Certificates of Attendance for training participants
- Assist in maintenance and new development of our customer relationship management (CRM) platform, Hubspot
- Assist with invoicing of customers, including navigating all processes to establish TSI as a vendor
- Process payments for outside contractors and vendors
- Assist with in-person event management
We are encouraging local applicants to apply who can commit to on-site work in New Britain, CT, with the possibility of occasional remote work.
About the Traumatic Stress Institute
The Traumatic Stress Institute’s current mission is to foster the transformation of organizations and service systems to trauma-informed care (TIC) through delivery of whole-system consultation, professional training, coaching, and research. An international leader in the TIC movement, TSI currently supports over 85 organizations across North America to embed TIC in their organizational culture. It also has done pioneering work in the area of TIC measurement by developing the ARTIC Scale, the most widely used psychometric measure of TIC currently available. TSI was founded in 1986 and was responsible for seminal theory building in the field of traumatic stress including coining the term and developing the concept of vicarious traumatization.
TSI is a close-knit, largely virtual team with some staff living in locations outside of Connecticut. We have a highly supportive work environment that values workplace flexibility, collegiality, collaboration, professional growth, work-life balance, and self-care.
TSI is working to embody anti-racism, putting equity and justice at the center of our work. We want our team to better reflect the diversity of the organizations we serve. Therefore, we especially encourage applicants that identify as Black, Indigenous, people of color, LGBTQ, a person with a disability, or a person from an underrepresented group.
Klingberg Family Centers Employment
The Traumatic Stress Institute is a department of Klingberg Family Centers, a multi-service agency headquartered in New Britain, Connecticut. Learn more about our wider agency.